I’m back! I haven’t done a very good job with keeping up to my blog but I have set a goal to work at it more often now that I am no longer planning a wedding (very bittersweet and more details on the wedding to come). Since launching, I also got a new job which has taken up a significant amount of time and energy. Now that the wedding is over and I have gotten into somewhat of a routine with my new position, I should be able to find more time to focus on my hobbies and some goals that I have set for myself.
If you haven’t been married, I can tell you that one of the more fun parts of planning is creating your gift registry. We didn’t need a ton of stuff since my husband has owned his own place for quite a few years and as a result, has accumulated most necessary kitchen and living items. What we put on our registry were things that needed to be replaced or some special items that we didn’t have yet. We got so many beautiful gifts but these are a couple of my favorites that I can’t wait to put out in our home and show off at our next dinner party.
- Easton Serving Tray– I’ve wanted this tray from Crate & Barrel for so long and am so happy to have it sitting on our coffee table. Right now, I have it with a vase of white carnations (leftover flowers from the wedding) and I’m searching for something else to pair with it. Stay tuned for a post on how I style it for spring.
- Marble Utensil Holder– Marble is a major trend right now and I’m obsessed. I love neutrals and I love how it goes so well with the other items in our kitchen (which are mainly stainless steel and white). It’s great for showcasing our beautiful serving pieces.
- Ruffle Pie Dish– I love how pretty a pie looks in this dish. Click here to find out how it went when I tried it out for the first time!
- Marble Platter– My husband and I love to entertain and can’t wait to place some cheese and preserves on this platter to serve to our guests.
- Nesting Mixing Bowls– These bowls are so beautiful. They’re a little heavy when they’re all nested together but not too bad on their own. I really like that they are nice enough to mix something and then leave it in the bowl to serve rather than transfering it to another dish.
- Marble Rolling Pin– I know, again with the marble…but I love it!! This was a very popular gift as something went wrong with our registry and we ended up getting three. I also can’t wait to try this out when I make my first pie in our new pie plate.
- White MicroCotton Towels– So soft and plush! I know that towels don’t always stay that way after being washed over and over again but so far I really like these ones. An added plus is they seem to go on sale quite often, making them pretty affordable.